Thank you for visiting our job openings page! We are now hiring an administrative assistant to the executive director. The application deadline is April 5, 2017. Please see job description and requirements below.
Concord Prison Outreach is seeking an administrative assistant to the executive director. The incoming administrative assistant will perform a wide variety of administrative, communications, and programmatic tasks. Duties include updating databases and website as needed; managing daily communications with CPO staff, board members, volunteers and program leaders; and onboarding new volunteers and matching them with existing volunteer programs.
Candidates should have working familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, feel comfortable learning database-management and email-marketing tools, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Previous experience in prison education or a proven passion for working with people who are incarcerated will be highly valued.
- Administration and communication
- Answer and direct phone calls and email queries
- Send event invitations and track RSVPs, including Board of Director meetings
- Maintain contact lists, volunteer lists, cloud filing system, office policies and procedures
- Update database and website
- Order office supplies
- Liaise with executive director, board members, and DOC representatives to meet needs of program leaders
- Help prepare fundraising communications and regularly scheduled reports
- Screen prospective volunteers
- Register prospective volunteers for onboarding orientations
- Match oriented volunteers with programs
- Liaise with program leaders to match incoming volunteers to appropriate program and fill program needs
- Liaise with program leaders and DOC representatives to schedule classes and troubleshoot daily issues
- Order books and materials as needed
- Prepare and deliver program certifications
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and Word)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Commitment to CPO mission
This is a part-time position at 15 hours per week. The annual compensation is $15,000; benefits are not included. May 1, 2017, is the start date for employment.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and 3 references by Wednesday, April 5, 2017. We look forward to hearing from you!