Holiday gift bag project 2017
Concord Prison Outreach
Holiday Gift Bag Project
P.O. Box 383
Concord, MA 01742
Dear Friends of Concord Prison Outreach,
We are once again reaching out to our friends and neighbors to ask for your support for the Holiday Gift Bag Project.
Many individuals, families, clubs and faith groups have made it their tradition to include our incarcerated neighbors in their holiday observances. We thank you for your generous support in the past and encourage you to again be part of the Holiday Gift Bag Project this year.
Here’s how you can help:
- Donate items for the gift bags. See this year’s list of items and specifications below. Drop off donations between Nov. 28th and Dec. 4th at Trinity Episcopal Church, 81 Elm St., Concord, MA. Please see the list of the specific items and sizes specified by the Department of Correction on page 3. Cash donations are also welcome. Your tax-deductible check may be made out to Concord Prison Outreach, Inc., earmarked “Holiday Gifts” and mailed to the address at the top of this letter.
- Make homemade cards to be included in the bags. Please see the “Holiday Card Making” drop-down for card requirements. Drop off cards between Nov. 28th and Dec. 4th at Trinity Episcopal Church.
- Help sort the items and prepare the bags. All the work will be done at Trinity Episcopal Church.
Weekdays, Tuesday, Nov. 28th through Friday, Dec. 8th, 9:00 am -12:00 pm.
In case of inclement weather please call 617-286-6728 to determine if we will be working.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us. We would be happy to help you become involved in any way that you would like.
To learn more about the Holiday Gift Bag Project and other CPO programs please visit: http://www.concordprisonoutreach.org
With best wishes,
Carol Miller (978) 369-3755 firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Smith (781) 894-5526 email@example.com
Please see this year’s list of items and specifications below.
Items Needed for the Holiday Gift Bags (Revised 11-2-17)
Each gift bag will contain the following items determined by the Department of Correction:
- 1 bar of deodorant bath soap — 4-5 oz.
- 1 stick deodorant 2.5 oz. or larger (no roll-ons or GELS)
- 1 tube toothpaste — 5.8 – 6 oz.
- 1 pad white paper 6” x 9” or 5” x 8”, 100 pages (no wire)
- 1 box white envelopes #6 3/4 – 6 1/2” x 3 5/8”
- 1 pair white CREW socks preferably 5 inches of ribbing or less (no tube socks, knee highs or “tennis socks”)
- 1 bottle (plastic) shampoo – 12 -15 oz.
A handmade holiday greeting card – see the “Holiday Card Making” pull-down on this web site.
We welcome donations of the items in any quantity. They do not have to be in sets. Many people donate a multi-item “economy pack” of one of the items.
It is important to keep to the list of items and specifications. We MUST distribute gift bags that are as identical as possible. Items we receive which do not conform will be donated to local shelters.
Many thanks, and Happy Holidays.